Like you, we've been cringing at the hashtag #newyearnewyou thats been doing the rounds on social media over the past few days. However we can't help but take a little bit of inspiration from it, and naturally, this leads us to reviewing our Lingerie drawer.
The beginning of the New Year is the perfect time to have a think about your underwear and whether it's providing you with the best shape, support and comfort possible. We all know we should be getting regularly fitted, so what better time to do it than the beginning of 2016? We promise it's not that bad!
A properly fitting bra will bring with it a whole host of benefits:
- Comfort - A properly fitting bra should barely be felt. If the straps are falling down, wires are digging in or the back is riding up its time for a new one!
- Appearance - A good fitting bra will improve your silhouette under clothing by lifting your bust and emphasising your waist!
- Support - The right bra will support your bust properly and alleviate shoulder and back pain.
- Confidence - No more slouching! Get properly fitted and you'll stand taller and feel fantastic!
Before coming to your fitting, consider the following:
1. What takes up the majority of your day? Do you tend to sit at a desk all day, and take part in exercise in the evening? Are you an avid gardener or do you take the dog for long walks? The level of activity and work you do daily will impact the style of bras you may need - for example you may prefer a sports bra or non wired bra.
2. What type of clothing or uniform do you wear regularly? Most bras will sit under most types of clothing, however if you wear lots of fitted tops, a smooth, T-Shirt Bra could be a good option.
3. What colours do you like? We all know nude, white and black are good practical colours, but there are so many amazing colours available which will make you feel great - for example did you know red is barely visible under white clothing?
4. Are you looking for practical, everyday options, or something a little more luxurious and special? (We always think both is a good idea!)
5. Don't forget the matching knickers! Most bras will have a few options that match; whether its a classic bikini, high waisted brief, shorty or thong. Whichever you prefer, there's usually lots of beautiful pieces to choose from.
The above points will be discussed with your Stylist before the fitting to ensure the fitting is personalised and the best options are given to you. It also helps to mention to the Stylist if you are sticking to a strict budget - however don't rule out pieces over your budget until you've tried them, investing in one good bra can improve posture, relieve shoulder and back pain and transform your silhouette under clothing! Bear in mind that the more you have, the more you can keep in rotation and the longer they will last, so it's worth saving up.
Treat yourself to a personalised fitting consultation with one of Lingerie Stylists now - click here for more information on our Bra Fitting Service at Marie Boutique, Abingdon, Oxfordshire or contact us.